Beethoven & Blue Jeans
4 p.m.| Koger Center for the Arts
How do you improve the annual, casual favorite? Add two icons of local culture: barbeque and beer. After the matinee concert with South Carolina’s Miles Hoffman (of NPR fame), join us outside
for a Doc’s BBQ dinner with local beer from River Rat Brewery on tap (separate tickets required for dinner event). Just like Beethoven’s Vienna…
ROSSINI William Tell
« Back to List of Events
: Overture (watch
Symphony No. 4 (watch
)BERLIOZ Harold in Italy
Miles Hoffman, viola
Get ticketsSubscribe today for as little as $82 for all six 2015/2016 Masterworks concerts!
- Individual-concert tickets are $47, $39, $29, $21, or $17. View seating/pricing.
- BUY NOW at KogerCenterForTheArts.com.
- Call 803.251.2222, or visit the Koger Center Box Office (806 Park St.) from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., M-F.
- Discounts available for students and active-duty and retired members of U.S. Armed Forces (phone or in-person orders only).
- College Rush: college students (with valid ID) can get $5 tickets in the grand tier or balcony (based on availability) from 7 p.m. at the door.
NOTE: Additional fees apply to phone and online orders.
Programs, artists, dates, and times subject to change.
Going to the concert?
'Que and Brew Post-Concert Dinner
We're teaming up with long-time friends at Doc's BBQ
and River Rat Brewery
to take our most festive concert one-step further again (see last season's Oktoberfest party).
After the concert, you can head outside (weather permitting) for the 'Que and Brew portion of the day. For $15,
from Doc's BBQ and one River Rat Brewery beer (if you're at least 21) - it's a perfect mash-up of local, Southern cuisine that's united us for decades.
- enjoy pulled pork;
- traditional Southern sides of mac and cheese, slaw, and green beans;
- and banana pudding for dessert
BBQ dinner sales are now closed - sorry! We hope you can join us next time.
Music for a Cause
Every season, since 2011, the S.C. Phil selects a group of charity partners from the Midlands to help raise awareness for their causes. Each charity is featured at one Masterworks concert during the season. Tonight’s partner is:
S.C. Thoroughbred Retirement FoundationThe South Carolina Committee of the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation (SCTRF) through its Second Chances program at the Wateree River Correctional Institution offers a place of hope and renewal for retired Thoroughbred horses and prison inmates. Horses are safe, well cared for and loved at Seabiscuit Stables. The caregivers here are also renewed, learning skills and building character that will benefit their future days. SCTRF provides horses refuge from various inhumane and disheartening alternatives, while teaching inmates practical tools of the equine industry, applicable to an array of jobs in South Carolina.