June 27, 2013
Seven charities to be new “Music for a Cause” partners
The South Carolina Philharmonic is announcing seven Midlands charities as “Music for a Cause” partners for the 2013/2014 Masterworks Series, the orchestra’s 50th.
“Music for a Cause” partners the SCP with a diverse, non-arts group of fellow non-profit 501(c)3 organizations from Richland and Lexington counties, turning concerts into “coming together” events for supporters of the SCP and partner charities. The groups are recognized in publicity and advertising for their assigned concert, are offered a display table in the lobby and given the opportunity to insert information into the program book without charge. They are also able to sell tickets as a fundraiser, keeping 75% of the proceeds for their organization.
The 2013/2014 charities for and their concert dates are:
- American Red Cross Columbia Region (Oct. 4, 2013)
- Children's Trust of S.C. (April 5, 2014)
- The Cooperative Ministry (Nov. 9, 2013)
- Harvest Hope Food Bank (Feb. 8, 2014)
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Columbia (Jan. 11, 2014)
- Pets, Inc. (June 15, 2014)
- SCOA Cares Foundation (May 3, 2014)
Harvest Hope is a perennial partner thanks to the SCP’s participation in the League of American Orchestras’ annual “Orchestras Feeding America” national food drive.
« Back to List of News
Jason Rapp, Communications Director (email
(P) 803.771.7937 (F) 803.771.0268